Photoluminescent powder (pigment) is a new type of environmentally friendly alkaline earth aluminate. It is non-toxic and non-radioactive. Pigment particles are charged (excited) by most any visible light or instantaneously by ultraviolet light. Photo luminescent pigment then releases energy in the form of visible light (glowing in the dark) for as long as 24 hours, depending on the color. Photo luminescent pigments provide a duty-cycle operation with a very high ratio of glow time to charging time required. The glow intensity (luminosity) and after-glow time are over 30 times greater than traditional ZnS (zinc sulfide) or commonly sold retail store products.
The Techno Glow series includes photo luminescent pigment and paint. We have the best performing luminous powder and paint lines in the United States and throughout the world. Techno Glow can supply pigments in a wide range of colors and specifications. Our rigorous quality control system ensures that our products have highly stable characteristic and quality. We welcome customized orders manufactured to client specifications.
- Safe for normal uses as it contains no radioactive or toxic materials.
- Long glow time. Compared with previous photo storage materials, it has up to 50 times longer emission (glow) time.
- High initial brilliance. Initial luminance of up to 40,000 mcd/m2.
- High durability. Long shelf life if the crystalline structure is not damaged.
- Outdoor usage. Suitable for outdoor usage as it does not suffer luminance reduction even when placed under a 300-watt high-pressure mercury lamp for 1000 hours.
- Stable Chemical Reaction. Not-encapsulated powder is stable as it is resistant to most anhydrous chemicals, both organic and inorganic. However, it will decompose into metal oxide and lose its luminance when brought into contact with water. Waterproof powder should be used for high water content mediums such as kids water paint. Most resin, epoxy, silicone and acrylic paints can be used with our not-encapsulated pigment and brighter pigment.
- Temperature Resistance. The performance and brilliance remain stable under temperature of nearly 600℃. No decrease in performance even when tested at temperatures of as low as -40℃. High durability.
- Techno Glow products meet various photo luminescent standards and requirements. Techno Glow powders are a non-hazardous substance under United States OSHA Standard 29 CFR 1910.1200. Techno Glow powder meet and exceed compliance (2008-9 testing) with ASTM F963-03 (Standard Consumer Safety Specification on Toy Safety), Section 4.3.5 for heavy metals content, and EN71: Part 3: 1994, amendment A1 2000 for toxic elements content.
Mix glow in the dark powder with clear or transparent mediums such as resin, epoxy, paint, plastic, glass, ink, nail polish, clay, rubber, cement, silicone, glue, powder coating, spray paint or road paint.
Glow in the dark powder and paint can be used for sidewalks, street numbers, coffee tables, counter tops, floors, fishing lures, watch dialers, gun sights, costumes, paintings, pools, jewelry, nails, tape, paper, toys, screen printing, ink, and much more!
Our pigments and paints have been used at hospitals, shops, schools and universities, stadiums, mines, hotels, harbors, ships, amusement parks, movie sets, Broadway shows, parks, highways, airports, restaurants, retirement homes, night clubs, farms, warehouses, and factories. Make your school or workplace safe! Apply a photo luminescent safety exit strategy. The international building code already adopted the idea and such measurements by code are now being accepted as law in many countries.
Use our pigment to set the mood for special events such as holiday parties, raves, hunting, hiking, weddings, and many more! Techno Glow pigments and paints can create an ambient environment direct lights can’t. Make a memorable impression on guests by giving them an experience they won’t soon forget!
Techno Glow powder can be charged, and discharged indefinitely, making them very economical to use. They are the basic ingredient for most glow in the dark products and are used by consumers, businesses, education and government agencies for products, art, scientific purposes, safety and green applications.